Personal tools
Sections

HGTV show looking for family moving a pre-fab house!

by megan hanceford last modified May 09, 2011 06:36 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

HGTV show looking for family moving a pre-fab house!

Posted by megan hanceford at December 18. 2006

Hi all!

We're working on a new series for HGTV and it's all about the process of moving a house.  So far, we've concentrated on historic houses and we think it would be really cool to feature a family moving a sleek, modern pre-fab home!

More information... 

‘Haulin’ House’
** Look for it on HGTV, Sundays 8PM EST!

HOME & GARDEN TV (HGTV) LOOKING FOR TWO (2) MORE HOUSE MOVES FOR NEW HALF-HOUR SERIES! (Shooting NOW-December)
→ We’re searching for challenging private house moves and interesting, high-energy homeowners!  The series will focus on the stories behind the move – Who’s moving the house, where to, and why?  How will you execute the perfect move? 

WE’RE INTERESTED IN THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF MOVES:

•    Moves that require special equipment (barges, cranes, helicopters, twice as many jacks as usual, equipment you have to build for specific challenges…)
•    Moves through unusual places (underpasses with little clearance, over bridges where the house hangs over the side, steep land, etc…)
•    Really big or oddly shaped houses that require special preparation/equipment.

These are only some ideas of challenges. If you have a house that has something not listed I’d LOVE to hear about it!!  We’ve shot two barge moves (Nickel Bros. in Seattle & Ducky Johnson House Movers, FL.)  Plus, we’ve shot a house on an island in Michigan (D&B House Moves) and the story of a couple rebuilding in New Orleans (Warren Davie House Movers).

We have a very open mind and would love to hear about your project!

Please contact:

Megan Hanceford, 303-712-3390
Associate Producer
mhanceford@highnoonentertainment.com

Re: HGTV show looking for family moving a pre-fab house!

Posted by Kate peters at May 09. 2011

Using a helicopter in moving? I think it would be very expensive. Nowadays people are looking for cheap services.

movers boston