Pharmacy Cabinet from HEMNES Cabinet
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
Materials: HEMNES Glass-door cabinet
Description: My husband and I were looking for a tall cabinet that fits between the toilet and the wall (39 inches) for our master bath remodel. We were so excited when I found that the HEMNES Glass-door cabinet fits perfectly! But, we wanted to change the sides to glass because we really like the look of the pharmacy cabinet. As always, I searched IKEA Hackers to see if someone shows how to do that and sure enough found this one! Since we wanted more drawers, we used the one with 4 drawers.
1. Remove the wood panel from each side piece (only the top portion) by hitting one of the legs with a rubber mallet.
2. Have the glass company make the glass. (We showed the wood panel we removed from the side piece in step 2 to the glass company so that they can take the exact measurements as well as explained what we were trying to do.)
3. Insert the glass, instead of the wood panels.
4. Assemble the rest of the cabinet. (NOTE: I had to be really careful when I was nailing the back piece to the cabinet because of the glass on the sides.)
5. Paint the sides of each shelf white.
We LOVE how it turned out! This cabinet has so much storage and looks great with our HEMNES vanity, which is another hack we did. We love HEMNES!!!
See more of the pharmacy cabinet from the Hemnes.