Great Looking and Functional Standing Desk for $128.96
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
Materials: EXPEDIT Shelving units, LINNMON table top, LACK wall shelf, CAPITA legs
Description: Here's what I built a couple of months ago:
Total cost in the US: $128.96 (IKEA components only; computer equipment and chair not included). I paid even less because for some reason IKEA is cheaper in Poland.
Here's the shopping list:
- Get two EXPEDIT Shelving units.
- Get one LINNMON table top (formally known as VIKA AMON). Mine is 47 1/4" by 23 5/8" but you are free to select whichever fits your room best.
- Get one LACK wall shelf (43 1/4x10 1/4" will do just fine).
- Get one set of CAPITA legs - 8". Search in the kitchen appliances section.
- Assemble the EXPEDIT units normally.
- Take the table top and screw the four CAPITA kitchen legs to the bottom.
- Place the table top on top of the shelving units.
- Place the wall shelf on top of the table. Use some old books to get the desired height.
Table top and CAPITA kitchen legs:
Books for adjusting the height:
The desk serves its purpose perfectly every day. I'm a writer, so I use it quite heavily.
To get a more text-heavy description (step-by-step), feel free to visit this post.
~ Karol from Writers in Charge, Poland