Expedit standing desk
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
Materials: Expedite shelving units
A large standing desk using Expedite shelving parts. At 48" high, it's high enough for a tall person to rest their elbows on. At 73" width, it's large enough to hold a bunch of gear AND eat meals on. At ~$250 in parts, it's a great value for the size.
2 x 2x2 Expedit shelving unit (801.352.98, $40 each)
2 x 5x1 Expedit shelving unit (201.162.74, $60 each)
1 x 73"x10" Lack shelf (601.037.50 $30)
Hardware store items:
- 8 x metal braces
- 96" 4x1.5" board cut up for shelf supports (can substitute for Capital legs for class).
1) Lay both fully constructed 2x2 units across from each other.
2) Lay fully constructed 1x5 unit across back of top (one step ahead of construction photo 2)
3) Lay partially constructed 1x5 on front of top. This partially constructed shelf should only include three pieces: two short sides and one long side. This leaves enough space underneath to slide a high chair or bar stool underneath.
4) Bolt pieces together using braces and screws.
5) Attach lack shelf, supported by Capita brackets or cut up boards.
See more of the Expedit standing desk.
~ Peter Marks, Portland, OR