How to Hide a Soffit In Akurum Upper Cabinet
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
Materials: Jig Saw, 1 3/8" Forstner Bit, Drill, Patience
Description: My wife and I are in the middle of a DIY kitchen renovation. We ripped our soffits out and discovered one little issue, we had a pipe running through one of the soffits. Our solution? Build the soffit into the 39" cabinet.
Here is how we did it:
1) Measure space needed for soffit.
2) Drill new dowel holes at that distance
3) Connect top piece as you would normally
4) See where pipe hits on side peices
5) Cut side pieces with jig saw
6) Use forstner bit to drill new holes in doors if needed
7) Connect, hang, and you're good to go.
For a more detailed guide head on over to our blog.
~ Josh, Michigan