Before / After!
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
Scope This project was a simple footprint replacement with a fridge relocation. We shortened & skinnied up the peninsula to allow for landing spots on both sides of the range and more clearance for an unavoidable high traffic room. Clients were wonderful to work with – they had a second kitchen in their downstairs apartment, [...]
This project was a simple footprint replacement with a fridge relocation. We shortened & skinnied up the peninsula to allow for landing spots on both sides of the range and more clearance for an unavoidable high traffic room.
Clients were wonderful to work with – they had a second kitchen in their downstairs apartment, so not too inconvenienced by the project. He also had a great eye for color & had a blast picking out the yellow beehive pendant at the peninsula and the blue flooring.
I had doubts about the flooring but it all came together really well & totally fits their house & lifestyle!
Note the wall cab door hanging precariously. Those babies were MDF, huge and heavy. A serious hazard when they fell with no warning. Also, splinters galore from the old parquet flooring. Ow.
Packed counters, no landing spot to right of range next to fridge.
- Fridge in new location w/ storage above
- Ample landing space on both sides of the range
- Microwave is wall mounted
- More storage = more counter space
- Peninsula open underneath to leave clear space for return air vent
- Tall pantry unit (no pantry before)
- Linear dimension subway tile (2″x8″ as opposed to more prevalent size of 3″x6″) was a great choice for the mid-century modern house!!
- Ikea cabinets
- Ikea microwave & range hood (Whirlpool made)
- Silestone quartz countertops – Silver Nube
- Marmoleum interlocking tile flooring – Whispering Blue
- Dal Tile Modern Dimensions 2″ x 8″ Arctic White subway tile
This house was in the middle of Winston Salem, NC, and we had 2 bird incidents while working there. A huge red tail hawk landed on a branch in the backyard & just hung out for a good 20minutes about 30 feet from us. The other was a misguided sparrow that came in to the kitchen through the open garage. She/he flapped around inside awhile until we could direct her back out with a couple of brooms!
I also lost my keys for the first time ever in my life at this project, which was 2 hours from our Raleigh base. Ended up getting towed to the dealer (yay for AAA!) where they made me a new car key & I was at least able to get home!