REDEFINING THE BACHELOR PAD
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
The problem: This four bedroom apartment had only two bathrooms. Not to mention the Master Bedroom was fitted with only 2 small closets.
Solution: To Gentet and the women of Park Avenue this meant one thing....Storage! Storage! Storage!
• The discovery of a plumbing chase made the conversion of the hall closet to a new powder room relatively inexpensive.
• Gentet drew up plans for custom cabinets to enclose the PTAC’s and provide extra storage space.
• The third bedroom was converted into a den and the PTAC was moved to the west window to provide room for a new wall unit and sofa.
• The maid’s room was converted into an intimate tasting room to accommodate the client’s burgeoning wine collection.
• Adjacent to the master bedroom entrance, an awkward triangular closet was removed. The entrance door was relocated to make room for a new walk-in closet. Additionally, one of the three existing small closets was eliminated and made part of an expanded master bathroom.
In the foyer, the original 12 x 12 granite floor was replaced with a 24 x 24 scissor stone pattern with mother of pearl inlay. This was designed to elongate and expand the space.
In the master bathroom, Gentet designed a custom sink cabinet based on two silver antique legs that were purchased at auction. Stain color and top were also selected.