Yayoi Kusama covers Philip Johnsons Glass House in red polka dots
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
Built in 1949, the Glass House is a modern and minimalist masterpiece designed by Philip Johnson as his own residence on a 49-acre estate in New Canaan, Connecticut. The Glass House opened to the public in 1996 and has hosted tours, art installations, and even music performances. Ms. Kusama, a contemporary of Johnson, was invited by curator Irene Shum to install the “Narcissus Garden”—a work first created in 1966 for the 33rd Venice Biennale—as part of a celebratory event. “Narcissus...