Estonia's new National Museum replaces an old Soviet air base near Tartu
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
The monolithic building sits on a site which was part of the Raadi Manor area, owned by an aristocratic family of German descent. In 1940, a large part of the property was used to build a Soviet air base. Fifty years later, DGT's design is expected to restore the area's cultural significance while referencing its turbulent history. Related: Gigantic wooden megaphones amplify the sounds of the forest in Estonia The 350-meter-long (1148-feet) building acts as an extension of the airfield,...