Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
- Christina and Ali's Wedding — by Marshall Mayer — last modified Jan 04, 2012 12:05 AM
- Christina Delgado and Ali Hashemzadeh were married on October 13, 2002 at the Holiday Inn in Billings, MT. Mary Lambert, Christina's aunt, performed the ceremony. Here is a 5-minute video of the actual ceremony.
- theamericans.org — by Marshall Mayer — last modified Jan 04, 2012 12:05 AM
- "As American a picture—the faces dont editorialize or criticize or say anything but 'This is the way we are in real life and if you dont like it I don't know anything about it 'cause I'm living my own life my way and may God bless us all, mebbe'...'if we deserve it'..." —Jack Kerouac, from the introduction to The Americans by Robert Frank
- I was there — by Marshall Mayer — last modified Jan 04, 2012 12:05 AM
- I was in Denver's Mile High Stadium when Barack Obama accepted the Democratic Party's nomination for President of the United States on the 45th Anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech. While the television coverage was great, being there was even better. Here are a few photos and thoughts (click on an image to enlarge).
- ObamaImages — by Marshall Mayer — last modified Jan 04, 2012 12:05 AM
- These are images from Denver, 8/29/08.
- The Americans — by Marshall Mayer — last modified Jan 04, 2012 12:05 AM
- Marshall and Bonnie Tour Italy — by Marshall Mayer — last modified Jan 04, 2012 12:05 AM
- Marshall and Bonnie travelled to Europe in late-November and early-December of 2004. While we first spent a few days in Paris, we were so busy sight-seeing that we didn't take too many pictures. Alas... We spent most of our time in northern Italy. We flew into Florence and checked into our time share condiminium at Loro Cuifena, about 35 Km by train to the southeast. The next day, we went to Venice (again by train, always a fun adventure) to explore with Bonnie's sister Nancy for three days. Then back to Florence for a couple of days. To end our first week in Italy, we went back to our condo, La Ferriera, for the weekend. It rained a lot and we got to know the town and region well by foot. The next week we traveled to several small Tuscan towns with our friends Mary Lee and Doug. We took day trips to Cortona, Arezzo and Sienna. We finished our trip with a day in Florence before flying home. We loved most the people of Europe, and the incredible cultures and societies that they have built over the millenia. Of course, the food was the high point. It did not matter where we ate: the people took their food very seriously, perparing and presenting it with incredible skill and love. Here are a few snapshots that we hope convey our adventure. Enjoy!
- IBU "Building" — by Marshall Mayer — last modified Jan 04, 2012 12:05 AM
- I found this collection of IBUs on a recent trip to Italy. I thought of them as an apartment building.