Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
- Modernist Prefab: Introducing the Glidehouse and LV Home Jan 27, 2004 from 06:30 PM to 08:00 PM — LIMN, 290 Townsend Street, San Francisco, — by Marshall Mayer
- SOLD OUT! We have limited seating for the Bay Area Prefab Confab, and it is now filled. Read about the event below, and contact us if you want to be put on a waiting list in case additional seating becomes available. Are you interested in building a modernist prefab, but have more questions than answers? Marshall Mayer of LiveModern and Michelle Kaufmann of mkarchitecutre will talk about two of the first modernist prefab homes to hit the market, the LV Home by Rocio Romero (http://livemodern.com/lvhome) and Michelle's own Glidehouse (http://livemodern.com/glidehouse). Each home is designed for affordable modernist living and are available today. We'll also discuss recent trends in modernist housing. So bring your questions, and we'll have a lively discussion. Admission is free. Note that seating is limited, and by reservation only. Please RSVP to Marshall Mayer (contact below) by January 26th.
- Dwell Home Open House Jul 10, 2004 from 12:00 PM to 05:00 PM — Pittsboro, NC, — by Marshall Mayer
- Come to the Dwell Home Open House! In 2003, Dwell issued a unique challenge to 16 architects: design an innovative prefabricated home for $200,000. The winning design by Resolution: 4 Architecture has been built and is ready for its close-up.
- Lortondale Modernists Apr 20, 2004 from 08:00 PM to 10:00 PM — Lortondale, OK, — by Marshall Mayer
- There will be a Lortondale meet and greet at Thai Saim, 3680 East 31st. If you have something you want to discuss or ideas for the neighborhood, please bring them to the meeting.
- CA Boom: A Festival of Contemporary Design from Aug 12, 2004 07:00 PM to Aug 15, 2004 05:00 PM — Santa Monica, CA, — by Marshall Mayer
- When the world thinks of good design, the style, panache, and fresh modern look of the Southern California architectural tradition comes immediately to mind. Cutting edge design projects have made living legends of California architects and designers, and schools in the region are helping to fashion the future’s shooting stars. Never has the local design community experienced such a boom, been more sought after, more written about and appreciated. Now CA Boom: A Festival of Contemporary Design, celebrates the excitement, accessibility, and affordability of good design in a three-day festival that showcases the electrifying and eclectic mix of people who make up the California architecture, landscape, and interior design community. 3-day admission is $69.00 and 1-day admission is $27.50. Get a 40% registration discount by using LIV65988 for a promotion code.
- Michelle Kaufmann at DWR SOLD OUT! Jun 10, 2004 from 06:30 PM to 08:30 PM — Palo Alto, CA, — by Marshall Mayer
- You may have seen architect Michelle Kaufmann’s pioneering design, the Glidehouse, “a prefabricated house built to collaborate with nature,” at Sunset Magazine’s Celebration Weekend. But maybe you missed it. The novel idea for quality, green, pre-fab modernist housing came to Kaufmann after six fruitless months house-hunting in the Bay Area, and is now being offered in nine different sizes and configurations by Redmond, WA-based Construction Resource Group. If you're in the Bay Area, Kaufmann will be presenting the Glidehouse in the Palo Alto Studio of Design Within Reach on Thursday, June 10 from 6:30 to 8:30pm for what promises to be a fascinating presentation and discussion of the Glidehouse project. Space is limited to the first 50 LiveModern guests; please RSVP to LiveModern ASAP with the number of seats you would like held for you.
- Glidehouse Factory Visit from Apr 12, 2004 06:00 AM to Apr 14, 2004 06:00 PM — Vancouver, BC, — by Marshall Mayer
- Michelle Kauffman and I will be visiting the Glidehouse factory to witness the first Glidehouse being built. Glidehouse owners will also be able to tour the factory. We'll both be taveling and thus offline for much of this time.
- Atlanta Modernists Meeting Jun 30, 2004 from 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM — Decatur, GA, — by Marshall Mayer
- The first meeting of Atlanta Modernists will be held on June 30th, 2004 at 7pm in Decatur. Meeting place is TBA. Contact Jonii for details.
- LV Home on Travel Channel Oct 04, 2004 from 07:30 PM to 08:00 PM — Travel Channel, — by Marshall Mayer
- The LV Home will be among the featured homes on the Unique Hideaways episode of Amazing Vacation Homes.
- Glidehouse Open House SOLD OUT! Sep 18, 2004 from 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM — Chelan, WA, — by Marshall Mayer
- Because we know you need to actually be in a Glidehouse to experience what a fabulous home it would make for you, we have arranged for a special Open House at the first Glidehouse to be completed. Tours by Michelle Kaufmann start on the hour, between 10 am and 3 pm on September 18th. Please let us know ASAP the one-hour time slot you wish to reserve, and whether your reservation is for 1 or 2 people (no larger groups please due to the limited access we have to the home).
- Prefab Now from Oct 28, 2005 01:00 PM to Oct 30, 2005 02:40 PM — Los Angeles, CA, — by Marshall Mayer
- Dwell and the Hammer Museum are bringing together a distinguished group of prefab experts for a two day exploration of the groundbreaking ideas, opportunities, and challenges of prefab. The event will include an opening night cocktail party at Jean Prouvé's prefab masterpiece, Tropical House, a full-day of fascinating lectures on prefab's past, present, and future, and an exclusive tour of LA's most noteworthy modern prefab homes. Register now, limited attendance.
- Assembly Required from Jul 11, 2005 09:28 AM to Sep 11, 2005 09:30 AM — DIY Network, — by Marshall Mayer
- Forget yesteryear's boxy homes on wheels and flimsy mail-order modules. Assembly Required explores the four basic types of prefab homes - modular, panelized, pre-cut, and manufactured. Follow couples who have chosen to design and build their own prefab abode as they handle challenges, uncover tips, hit the factory floor where all the pieces for their new home are created, and watch the pieces come together on-site. Check your local cable listings for the DIY Network.
- Glidehouse on HGTV's Small Spaces, Big Style Sep 01, 2005 from 09:00 PM to 09:30 PM — HGTV, — by Marshall Mayer
- All times are Eastern and Pacific. The show will repeat in September and probably November as well, but the schedule is not on the HGTV website yet.
- Prefab Green: Current work by Michelle Kaufmann Designs Apr 12, 2006 from 03:00 PM to 03:45 PM — San Jose, CA, — by Marshall Mayer
- Michelle Kaufmann will be presenting "Prefab Green: Current work by Michelle Kaufmann Designs" at Green Construction 2006. Register free at http://www.gmcna.org/.
- Dwell on Design Conference and Home Tours from Dec 01, 2006 01:00 AM to Dec 03, 2006 01:00 AM — Palm Springs, CA, — by Marshall Mayer
- Known as a Mecca of modern design and boasting one of the highest concentrations of important mid-century modern architecture in the United States, Palm Springs is the ideal location to address issues of preservation, sustainability, and the future of modern living. The weekend will be packed with information and activities including two very special cocktail receptions, a conference, an on-site modern showcase, a film premiere, and exclusive home tours. LIVEMODERN DISCOUNT! LiveModern readers who register for Dwell on Design Palm Springs will receive a $75 discount off of the full conference ticket price. Use LiveModern code LIVE when registering.
- Some Assembly Required: Contemporary Prefabricated Houses from Feb 28, 2007 01:00 AM to May 20, 2007 01:00 AM — Los Angeles, CA, — by Marshall Mayer
- Originally organized by the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis, MN, this exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles features eight modern modular house projects that have recently been realized.
- Building Green from Mar 30, 2007 01:00 AM to Apr 01, 2007 01:00 AM — Boulder, CO, — by Marshall Mayer
- Green builders create high quality, aesthetically appealing, and durable homes that save money and energy while protecting health and the environment. This 3-day course, sponsored by the University of Colorado, is designed for anyone interested in the latest green building technologies from beginners to architects, builders, engineers and building code officials.
- Glidehouse Open House May 20, 2007 from 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM — San Geronimo, CA, — by Marshall Mayer
- A 4-Bedroom Glidehouse in Marin County (San Francisco Bay Area) will be on view from 10am – 5pm on May 20. This will be your only opportunity to tour an MKD home this spring. No reservations are necessary (it's a self-guided tour) but an advance purchase ticket is required.
- Better Living Show from Mar 28, 2008 01:00 AM to Mar 30, 2008 01:00 AM — Portland, OR, — by Marshall Mayer
- You get it. Sustainability is the new word for livability. Balance and harmony are the new touchstones of healthy living. You want to be a more thoughtful consumer. Make a lighter environmental footprint. Take a holistic approach to life. Do just one thing for the planet.
- Visit the mkSolaire™ from Mar 19, 2009 12:00 AM to Jan 31, 2010 12:00 AM — Chicago, IL, — by Marshall Mayer
- The mkSolaire™ will be the featured attraction at Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry as part of the Smart Home: Green and Wired exhibition.
- Dwell Home Design Invitational May 18, 2003 from 03:00 PM to 04:00 PM — New York, — by Marshall Mayer
- Dwell will anounce the winner of their Home Design Invitational contest at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair.
- Prefab: Making it Possible Jun 19, 2003 from 05:30 PM to 07:30 PM — AIA SF, 130 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA, — by Marshall Mayer
- AIA SF and Dwell present a panel on prefab housing and construction. Focusing on the history of and recent innovations in the field, the panel will also address making prefab construction possible today. Panelists include Allison Arieff, Editor-in-Chief of Dwell and author of “Prefab;” Dana Buntrock, Assistant Professor of Architecture at UC Berkeley; and Peter Anderson of Anderson Anderson Architecture. Panel will be moderated by Keith Plymale, Adjunct Professor of Architecture at California College of Arts and Crafts (CCAC). $10 Members; $25 Nonmembers. RSVP.